Looking For The Obvious – Electrical Problems
This web page details what is often called the ‘obvious’ when investigating domestic electrical problems.
Always check the following if applicable:
- Is the electrical appliance turned on?
- Has the fuse blown?
- Has the RCD tripped?
- Has the bulb blown?
- Try turning the electrical appliance on and off.
- is the power cable damaged?
- Does the plug seem hot?
- Does the same fuse keeps blowing?
- Try plugging the appliance in another electrical socket in another part of the house.
- Is the fuse the correct rating?
- Typical fuse ratings
- Does the bulb holder need cleaning?
- is the bulb the correct wattage?
- If an electrical socket is not working is it just the one socket not working or are no electrical sockets working?
- Are all ceiling lights not working or just one?
- RCD won’t reset – unplug all electrical appliances, for instance TVs and kettles – does the RCD reset now?
- Is the light switch OK?
- Wiggle the power cable, does the electrical appliance work now?
ALL ELECTRICAL WORK AROUND YOUR HOME MUST BE CARRIED OUT BY SOMEONE WITH THE APPROPRIATE QUALIFICATIONS TO DO SO. FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS VISIT HTTP://WWW.ELECTRICIANMANCHESTER.ME.UK/
TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT FOR ANY ELECTRICAL FAULTS TO BE SERVICED BY A NAPIT QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN PLEASE VISIT HTTP://WWW.ELECTRICIANMANCHESTER.ME.UK/