Finding A Trustworthy Electrician
This web page provides information that helps you in finding a trustworthy electrician
This web page details the characteristics of a trustworthy electrician and the characteristics of an untrustworthy electrician.
How To Find A Trustworthy Electrician
The best way to find a trustworthy electrician is by personal recommendation
Can a friend, family member or work colleague recommend an electrician?
Local councils and large companies maintain lists of ‘approved contractors’. The local council, or company, will do background checks on the trades people they employ.
The chances are that if an electrician does work for a local council or large company they are trustworthy.
Is the electrician a of member CHAS (Contractors Health & Safety Assessment Scheme)?
Many local councils, and large companies, use membership of CHAS as a ‘hurdle’ to employing an electrician. If an electrician is a member of CHAS they are ‘good enough’ to work for a local council, if the contractor is good enough to work for a local council there is every chance they are trustworthy.
Search the Internet for the electrician you intend to employ. Any bad reports? Any good reports?
Trust your ‘gut feeling’; gut feeling is the outcome of a complex assessment that people do without really knowing what they have done.
If your gut feeling is that you trust an electrician their is every chance the electrician is trustworthy.
Looking At The Advertising Spend
Untrustworthy electricians do not spend much on advertising. Untrustworthy electricians will, at best, use leaflets for advertising.
If an electrician spends a lot of money on advertising, the chances are the electrician is trustworthy.
Look in Yellow Pages – how big is the company advert? The bigger the better.
Does the electrician advertise in local newspapers?
Does the electrician advertise in local community magazines?
Does the electrician have a web page?
More adverts cost more money. The more money an electrician spends on advertising the more trustworthy the electrician is likely to be.
Searching The WWW For A Mobile Phone Number
Many people leave a ‘footprint’ on the WWW. A common denominator is a mobile phone number.
Search the WWW for the mobile number of an electrician; what does the search reveal?
Characteristics Of A Trustworthy Electrician
Trustworthy electricians have characteristics that stereotype them as trustworthy.
Trustworthy electricians will have some of the following characteristics – the more the better:
- They advertise a landline telephone number and address.
- They have a van with their name on the side.
- They take out adverts in the printed Yellow Pages – the bigger the better.
- They have a web site.
- They advertise in local newspapers.
- They don’t ‘give a discount for cash’.
- They are members of a trade association, for example NICEIC, the British Standards Institution (BSI), ELECSA or The National Association of Professional Inspectors and Testers (NAPIT).
- They give guarantees.
- They have public liability insurance.
Characteristics Of An Untrustworthy Electrician
Untrustworthy electricians will have some of the following characteristics – the more they have the more likely they are to be untrustworthy:
- Give an overpriced estimate then offer a discount.
- Won’t give references from previous work.
- They work out of an unmarked van.
- Seem very cheap.
- They ‘tout’ for business (‘cold call’).
- They request money ‘up-front’.
- They don’t have local accents.
- Are flattering.
- They try ‘too hard’ to be nice.
- They only advertise a mobile phone number, not a landline.
- They don’t advertise an address.
- They dominate much of the conversation, particularly when it comes to money.
- Their is an urgency to start the job as soon as possible.
- Seem eager to do a cash deal, for instance by offering a ‘discount for cash’.
- Seem too keen to tell you about all the good work they have done in the past.
- They are not members of trade associations.
- They won’t provide a written estimate or quote.
- Use a lot of jargon.
- Try to rush you into a decision.
- ALL ELECTRICAL WORK AROUND YOUR HOME MUST BE CARRIED OUT BY SOMEONE WITH THE APPROPRIATE QUALIFICATIONS TO DO SO. FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS VISIT HTTP://WWW.ELECTRICIANMANCHESTER.ME.UK/
TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT FOR ANY ELECTRICAL FAULTS TO BE SERVICED BY A NAPIT QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN PLEASE VISIT HTTP://WWW.ELECTRICIANMANCHESTER.ME.UK/