Electrical Safety Cut Out
This web page explains more about an electrical safety cut out
- What an electrical safety cut out is.
- What an electrical safety cut out is used for.
What Is An Electrical Safety Cut Out?
An electrical safety cut out is a switch that automatically turns the electrical supply off when some action takes place.
The action that turns the electrical supply off could be:
- A door opening.
- An electrical appliance over heating.
- A fault occurring.
- A motor running too fast.
What Is An Electrical Safety Cut Out Used For?
An electrical safety cut out is a safety device that turns something off when their is an unsafe condition.
Some examples are:
- A safety cover being removed, for instance on an electrical guillotine.
- The safety cut out is connected to the cover – removing the cover ‘throws’ the switch.
- Opening the cover means the blade is exposed – could present a danger.
- Opening the cover removes the power to the guillotine.
- A thermal safety cut out on a light – turns the light off when the light gets too hot.
- Over heating is a sign of a problem – best action is to turn the light off.
- A safety cut out that turns a machine off when the cover is taken off.
- Removing the cover exposes dangerous voltages or machinery.
- Best to turn the machine off when the cover is taken off.
- A thermal safety cut out on a motor in a drill.
- The motor over heating is a good sign of a problem.
- The best course of action when a motor overheats is to turn it off.
ALL ELECTRICAL WORK AROUND YOUR HOME MUST BE CARRIED OUT BY SOMEONE WITH THE APPROPRIATE QUALIFICATIONS TO DO SO. FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS VISIT HTTP://WWW.ELECTRICIANMANCHESTER.ME.UK/
TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT FOR ANY ELECTRICAL FAULTS TO BE SERVICED BY A NAPIT QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN PLEASE VISIT HTTP://WWW.ELECTRICIANMANCHESTER.ME.UK/